Removing Standing Water
You can help control mosquitoes on your property by getting rid of standing water.
Protect Yourself From Mosquitoes
- Empty wading pools every week.
- Empty pet water dishes at least once a week.
- Keep buckets and barrels covered or turned over.
- Get rid of old tires or keep them covered.
- Clean rain gutters periodically.
- Stock ponds, tanks and fountains with fish or call us for Gambusia minnows (575-746-9540 in Artesia or 575-885-4835 in Carlsbad).
- Limit time outdoors when mosquitoes are present.
- Properly screen doors and windows.
- Remove tall weeds and brush that provide resting places for mosquitoes.
- Use mosquito repellent.
- Wear long sleeve shirts and pants.